Financial Aid for Acting School

Tuition Aid & Financial Assistance for Drama School

CARES ACT Emergency Financial Aid Grants now available: LEARN MORE

Theatre of Arts is a Title IV funded institution; TOA students are eligible to apply for and receive tuition aid and financial assistance while attending acting school. Title IV federal funding is available to those who qualify. These assistance programs include:


  • Federal PELL Grant: (FPELL) No repayment required (restrictions apply)

  • FDirect Stafford Loans - Subsidized: Must be repaid

  • FDirect Stafford Loans - Unsubsidized: Must be repaid

  • FDirect Plus Loans: Must be repaid

  • Needs-Based Scholarships: No repayment required


Theatre of Arts does not participate in any state of California financial aid programs. If a student obtains a loan to pay for an educational program, the student is responsible for repaying the full amount of the loan plus interest, less the amount of any refund, and if the student has received federal student financial aid funds, the student is entitled to a refund of the monies not paid from federal student financial aid program funds.


How to Apply for Financial Aid:


1. Complete the Online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), starting October 1st online at fafsa.ed.gov. Student's financial aid funding is awarded on an annual basis and is not automatically renewed. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be submitted for each academic year of attendance for U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens.

2. Entrance/Exit Counseling: You are required to complete an entrance counseling if you are a first time borrower and prior to receiving your first disbursement. To complete your Direct Loan Entrance Counseling, go to www.studentloans.gov, and sign in using your FSA ID. Select “Complete Entrance Counseling.” Note that you can add an email address to which correspondence about your loans can be sent. For additional information, read "Direct Loan Entrance Interview" pamphlet and/or go to www.studentloans.gov. If a student withdraws or terminates and the institution is unable to have the student complete exit counseling prior to the students departure, the institution will send a letter to the student, requesting exit counseling to be completed at www.studentloans.gov

Theatre of Arts Financial Aid is happy to assist you with any questions.


Theatre of Arts

6767 W. Sunset Blvd. 

Hollywood, CA 90028

tel: ‪(323) 487-1312‬


  • Yelp

Copyright ©2020, Theatre of Arts

All Rights Reserved

Privacy Policy

An Accredited Institution

  • Theatre of Arts is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Theatre. Learn more at nast.arts-accredit.org

  • Theatre of Arts is approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) pursuant to California Education Code Section 94915. [Click Here to Download the 2017-2018 BPPE TOA Fact Sheet]

  • Theatre of Arts is also authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students who meet eligibility requirements. Learn more at bppe.ca.gov.